Revenge of the new world
Assassin's Creed III Liberation HD is a spin-off title from the action-adventure Assassin’s Creed series. For the first time in the saga, you will play as Aveline de Grandpré, a female character with African-French origins set in New Orleans between 1765 and 1777. The game is new to PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 as a High Definition remake, available to download with more missions than the original title, published on PS Vita handheld system.
The game is set just after France loses Louisiana to Spain and the following transition period. As a member of the Assassins, Aveline fights the new Spanish government after she discovers that the Templar Order is gaining power through this new settlement and the setup of trade agreements thanks to this newly gained position of influence in the American continent.
This member of the franchise follows the same path of the first two titles, with polished gameplay but the same spirit.
As a PC HD remake, the textures have been modified to give a much improved look-and-feel than the original handheld version. The graphic effects have also been re-worked, but the outcome is not as impressive as brand new games. Stages have been updated and environment enlarged, so the opportunity to explore the free open-world wilderness of New Orleans in the 18th Century is finally set.
Aspects of the game
The re-mastered graphics and groundbreaking physics try to offer an immersive experience to players, along with all the new extras and the trophies or achievements depending on the system you play. In Liberation, one of the most important parts is the key event of the slavery, which Aveline opposes as her mother is one of these slaves. In this pre-American revolution setting, this main character tries to bring justice upon tyrants taking advantage of her skills.
In order to do that, you will use different kinds of weapons, from a melee machete to a whip or a poison-dart blowpipe. It is important to play with the environment since the voodoo-haunted swamps will give you an advantage for outmaneuver your enemies when fighting conflicts. You can lure your enemies into dangerous traps to dispose of them as you please.
You can lure your enemies into dangerous traps to dispose of them as you please.
Additionally, you can wear different clothes for passing by your enemies thanks to the multiple-identity system. This way you can go in disguise as a slave, as a high society lady or just as the assassin you really are. Another important element, Eagle’s Vision, will let you identify allies from other characters and even necessary items and hints for your missions.
Assassin's Creed III Liberation HD Full Version Features
These are the unique features of Assassin's Creed III Liberation HD:
- Open-world experience with a great re-creation of the New Orleans of the 18th Century with different environmental aspects such as the city and the wilderness
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering applied to the game’s graphics to enhance its visual aspect as well as the characters’ models
- Variety of weaponry to use such as pistols, whips, poison-dart blowpipes or a deadly machete, amongst other items
- Ability to change your identity by dressing specifically for an occasion with the multi-identity system
- Take advantage of your assassin's skills for running over house roofs and beating your enemies with agility in your missions
In case you want more information about the game before the download, feel free to visit the official website.
Check the minimum specs your PC needs to run Assassin's Creed III Liberation HD:
- OS: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU 2105 at 3.1 GHz or similar
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD4870 or Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB VRAM
- HDD: 3.5 GB free space on disk for the download